Professional membership is open to all practising geoscientists who meet the required standards of qualification and experience. The IGI provides membership categories for geoscientists at all career stages, with a Professional Geologist (PGeo) membership category, a member-in-training category for those working towards the PGeo title, and membership for associate, retired and student geoscientists. The IGI is also an awarding body for the European Federation of Geologists EurGeol title.
How to apply
For joining instructions for all membership categories, please review the Application Guidelines.
Please complete the Application Form and send it by post to the IGI.
If you are applying for EurGeol membership please complete the EurGeol Application Form.
You must also have your sponsor(s) complete the Sponsors Statement in support of your application.
Previous members wishing to re-apply to the IGI: please note that if your membership has lapsed for more than 3 years you will be required to complete the full application process. Application details of members whose membership has lapsed for more than three years will be destroyed in compliance with GDPR legislation
There are two deadlines for the receipt of membership applications each year, 31st January and 31st July.
- Professional Member Application Fee €50.00
- EurGeol Application Fee €35.00
- Associate Member Application Fee €20.00
- Member-in-Training Application Fee €20.00
- Re-Application €20.00
- Student Member free to join
Annual subscription fees
- Professional Member Annual Subscription €175.00
- Associate Member Annual Subscription €40.00
- Member-in-Training Annual Subscription €40.00
- Retired Member Annual Subscription €40.00
- EurGeol Annual Subscription €36.10
- Student Member Annual Subscription free
Application fees and membership subscriptions can be paid below using the PayPal facility.